Find a Safe and Tasty Eyeglass Case
While the eyeglass case exists in various forms and colors, his job is to protect eyeglasses from bumps, dust, water and dirt in times when not wearing.
At the same time it can be a nice homemade gift!
Probably happened to you to leave your glasses unprotected somewhere, and they fell to the floor, you are sitting on them or just have not found them anymore.
Here are some things need to know when choosing your glasses case:
The glasses case size
Usually the eyeglass frame you will bring together with a case, especially if they are firm frames. This is good because the case will have the right size for the frame and will not have trouble keeping glasses in it, frame being assorted as color, shape and material with the case.
To choose the right case in terms of size means that glasses case is not:
- Too big: that means the eyeglass inside cannot move a lot, so it is protected from breaking or bending
- Too small: you can check putting the eyeglasses inside. If the case does not close, or it has closing, but the hard way, it is not ok because the frame can bend because of continuous pressure
- Do not keep anything else besides the glasses, eventually a microfiber cloth.
I had a client who kept his gold rings near the glasses. The lenses did not last long.....
- Take your glasses with you, when look to get a case for them. It is rare to be able finding the right case without your eyeglasses to put in, to try them.
- If you are more forgetful or careless, take a case which is intensely colored, to be easily seen and found.
Eyeglass case materials
Depending on your lifestyle, the cases for eyeglasses have different destinations and for that are of various kinds:
Made from a light and hard material so you can protect the eyeglasses when not wearing. Here we have:
Some may be lined outside in soft textile and may include the interior by soft material lining (velvet), for maximum protection for glasses.
If you do extreme sports, you will need a hard case which is waterproof, resist to blows, dust, and not taking much space in luggage.
Soft cases for glasses
- Microfiber: a synthetic material with cleaning proprieties, used commonly for sunglasses
- Leather: natural or synthetic, has protective qualities
- Textil materials
If you work in an office, you need a discreet holster, small business looking, it can be worn in your breast pocket of the jacket like a pen.
Have fun choosing the eyeglass case you like. Match the color with glasses or with your bag or clothes you wear for a nice look.
Was this information useful?
1. Like Perfect-Eyeglasses-Guide.com on Facebook.
2. Share this article with your friends: